four beauty balms are laying on a stack of fashion magazines

My makeup obsession have started around five years ago and one of the first thing I have discovered in a beautiful world is the magical power of BB cream. BB Cream is a perfect choice for a day to day usage, especially if you can't stand heavy full coverage foundations or have exhausted dry skin. The first BB cream I have ever tried was a tube of Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector and it was not good. This cream was too dark for my skin, it had alcohol in the formula and overall was very awful, the only positive thing about this product was an SPF 15. 

Since that time I have tried tons of BB creams and it is probably the only thing I would like to take with me on the deserted island. As a huge fan of BB creams today I want to show you my favorite products at the moment. All of these beauties have a very special place on my beauty shelf, they have different undertones and formulas, so without further ado let me talk about them in detail.

BB cream as a skincare product was invented in the 1960s by dermatologist Dr. Christine Schrammek. It was meant to protect patients' skin after facial treatments and surgeries. BB cream stands for a 'beauty balm' - multi-functional beauty cream, that hydrates the skin, evens out the imperfections, and protects the face from the UV rays.

four swatches of a various bb creams on the light skin

Palma Christie Ultra BB Cream | Review & Swatches


The first BB cream I want to talk about is a lightweight Palma Christie Ultra BB Cream. This product is has a very smooth and creamy texture. It is not greasy therefore perfect for oily and acne-prone skin types. At first, when you apply it on the skin it looks a little bit too light, but when you start working the cream in the skin it turns your skin shade. 

This product has light coverage and it is better to use it on the days when your skin feels healthy and even. But once you apply Palma Christie BB cream on your face it instantly brightens up your complexion and hides red spots and discolorations. As far as hiding pimples and acne scars, I think you will need to use some concealer over the BB cream for better results.

Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream | Review & Swatches


The next product on my list is a Precious Mineral BB Cream by the famous brand Etude House. Once applied to the skin it absorbs in no time and provides a medium to full coverage. I really enjoy how Etude House BB cream feels on my skin, but it can emphasize dry patches. To make the application of this beauty balm easier and smoother first exfoliate your facial skin. The formula of Etude House cream is buildable, so if you feel like you need some extra coverage here and there you can reapply the product. It is water-based, so people with oily and acne-prone skin will like to use this BB cream.

four swatches of a various bb creams on the light skin

Essence Camouflage 2 in 1 Make-up & Concealer | Review & Swatches


One of my favorite full coverage BB Creams is Essence Camouflage Makeup. It is 2 in 1 concealer and BB cream, so it provides an even and thick coverage. It perfectly hides all the blemishes, dark areas, and hyperpigmentation and is great to use on those 'bad skin' days. Even though Essence Camouflage Makeup is water-based it can make your skin feel a little bit too dry. I like to use it together with a hydrating skin primer or moisturizer. 

Thanks to its opaque formula a little bit of this cream goes a long way and because of its quick-absorbing abilities, you can use this cream without a setting powder. I use shade #20 nude beige with a warm yellowish undertone and it is great for the summer season when my skin has a light tan.

Macely Good Afternoon BB Cream | Review & Swatches 


And the last, but definitely not the least beauty balm I want to talk about is a Good Afternoon BB Cream by Macy. It has such a nice lightweight formula and a sweet yummy scent! Berry Berry Tea has a light coverage, but it beautifully smooths out enlarged pores and acne scars. The undertone of the BB cream is neutral and sometimes I like to use it to dissolve heavy foundations. The formula of this cream is very moisturizing, it makes my dry skin feel silky and healthy. I definitely recommend this cream for everyone who needs some extra nourishment and skincare.

To sum up, all the beauty balms I mentioned today in my list are amazing in their own special way and I like to use them all. Almost every makeup brand tries to make its own perfect BB cream and many of these attempts were successful. BB creams work differently and may look different depending on skin type and condition. If you are wondering how do they look on the skin check out my full reviews on every of these beauty balms by clicking on the links. And don't forget to check out my previous My Favorite BB Creams post. And what's your favorite BB cream at the moment?

Lots of love,
Liz